Everyone’s body reacts differently to stress. Some people may develop stiffness in the neck, back and shoulders as a result of stress. Other people who have a desk job or who life heavy things at work may experience muscle strain and may also have stiffness in their neck, back, and shoulders. They may even experience back pain from sitting incorrectly or from lifting incorrectly. A good massage would help to relieve stiff and painful muscles. However, massages can be expensive and time consuming. The good massages also require a partner to work on your neck or shoulder but they are not always available, nor have the stamina to keep massaging. In addition, it may be difficult to schedule an appointment when you most need your massage. Because of this, you may want to purchase a neck and back massager to keep at home or at work that you can use independently and at your own pace.
There are a number of different types of neck massagers as well as different types of shoulder massagers from which to choose. Some models might look bulky and awkward to use but they can massage both areas and are quite effective at kneading those tense muscles. Other types of massagers have a heat option which can be especially useful for relaxing the muscles. Consider your needs and your budget carefully before purchasing a massager.
Depending upon the type of massager, you can spend anywhere from $30 up to $100 on a massager. Many drug stores carry inexpensive neck and shoulder massagers in the budget price range. The manual massagers are more affordable but requires proper technique and instruction in order to get the maximum benefits. They are also very durable and will last till you get bored of the device. You can also purchase a neck and shoulder massager online or at various retail stores. Be sure to check the selection of massagers at the store or pick from the recommended ones below.
Buy Recommended Neck and Shoulder Massagers
- Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heating Pads – Great neck and shoulder massaging warmers. Penetrates your body with pulsing and massaging, then delivers the heat to those deep muscles.
- Self Massagers For Back and Body – Large S shaped device that kneads, massages your back, body, neck, shoulders and legs. Reach the areas that your hand can’t touch.
- Warming Shoulder Wraps
- Cane Massagers For Aches and Pains
Reasons to Buy Massagers
- When you do not have a partner to help you massage your shoulders or neck.
- Some spots are just impossible to reach.
- They are great for post surgery recovery.
- Hard to apply pressure in those spots with your own hands.
- Your hands get tired easily from all the rubbing and squeezing.
- There are pressure points on your back, when massaged or pressed, can help relieve stress and possibly pain.
- The ability to massage the areas below your shoulders like the scapula.
Most massagers require very little maintenance if any at all. Some neck and back massagers have a cloth covering which may need to be laundered from time to time. In order to do this, carefully remove the covering from the massage unit and launder. It is important to make sure that the covering is fully dry before you slip it back on the massager. Some massage units do not have a cloth covering and are plastic. If you notice that the plastic is getting dirty, you should wipe the plastic with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Your massage unit may be electric or it may use batteries which will need the occasional replacement.
While you may not be able to change jobs or even reduce the stress in your life, a good neck and back massager can help to make these things a little bit less painful.