Handicap bidet toilet seats serves to make cleaning that bottom area less rough and more hygienic. With the rising expensive prices and limited supply of toilet paper, why not try an alternative to toilet paper?
Instead of rubbing the same area to get all the dirt and feces out while wasting tons of toilet paper in the process, bidets can do the job with a stream of water.
The bidet originated in France during the early 18th century when washing became preferable to wiping with a towel. Modern bidets are easier to install and work similarly by using a stream of water to wash the genitalia, buttocks and anus. Modern bidets control and prevent environmental contaminants such as E. coli and salmonella which can be spread when you are wiping with your hand. They are also helpful for disabled individuals who have trouble reaching and wiping that back area with normal hygiene aids.
Benefits of Bidet Toilet Seats
Bidets are effective in controlling the spread of urinary tract infections, which is a problem in seniors. Seniors sometimes have limited mobility issues such as trouble wiping, reaching to thoroughly cleanse after toilet use. Use of a bidet nearly eliminates the pain of twisting and reaching involved in proper hygiene. Regardless of the different types of wiping aids available, if you cannot reach the perineal area, the wiping aids are ineffective.
The daily use of the bidet in early potty training teaches and promotes the importance of cleanliness. Young children in the midst of potty training find it hard to wipe. Learning how to manage toilet paper and clean themselves is an exercise in futility more often than not. The spread of infectious contaminants in fecal matter and urine is a problem eliminated by a bidet as it gently washes and dries the perineal and genitalia.
Features of Handicap Bidets
Handicap bidets are no longer standalone units which require additional plumbing. Bidets are as simple as a modified toilet seat with specialized features that can be installed in moments on any type of toilet, even raised toilets. Bidet toilet seat spray features vary according to models. Electronic bidet toilet seats feature an easy to use control panel, an aerated water stream for posterior and frontal wash from self-cleaning nozzles, and warm air dry. Nozzles are adjustable as well as water temperature and water pressure. Some bidet toilet seats are heated and the cover closes slowly after each use. Other features of these handicap toilets available include an occupied toilet seat sensor, water purifier and remote control.
Check out some of the best bidet toilets for handicapped individuals and for those who have trouble reaching and wiping their behind.
- Mechanical Bidet Toilet Seats – Easy installation between your toilet seat and rim. Does not require electricity. Best price to quality ratio for bidets.
- Adjustable Pressure Handicap Bidets – Have the option to choose warm or room temperature water, three different positions of spray and adjustable pressure. Helps with difficult bowel movements by using a strong stream of water to loosen the dry hardened feces.
- Portable Travel Bidets – This is a travel sized squeeze bottle with a hooked tube. Simply place it behind you and squeeze the water out into the area that needs cleaning. Check out some more of these handy toilet aids.
- Toilet Attachment Water Spray Bidets – Comes with a tilting water spray that allows you to position the spray exactly where you need it.
- Electric Handicap Bidets Seats – Has a wireless remote control, heated seats, gentle slow close lids, dual nozzles for a wide spray, warm water wash for feminine hygiene, hands free option for seniors with arthritis, and great for someone after shoulder surgery. Choose bidet models that work for round or elongated toilets. It is more costly but you definitely get what you pay for.
The bidet toilet seats are easily maintained by wiping the seat, cover and electronic panel with a damp cloth with a mild sanitizing solution. Some bidets come with a self cleaning Bidet water fixtures and piping should be inspected for leakage and replaced as needed.